League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Memphis Draft: What to do?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/10/2021 5:56 am
It's been awhile since we have had less than 32 owners for our draft, and my first instinct was to use my dummy account and draft for them. Not sure I want to do that, as I think it makes it harder to get a new owner. I had one person think a team was no longer available because it "had an owner", which was my dummy account.

Also, there could be a perceived conflict of interest. My real team picks after Memphis, so what would I do if a player I want for New Jersey is available for Memphis and makes sense for them too?

If anyone was going to draft for Memphis, I would prefer it be one of the teams that picks just before the Showboats.

Does anyone know about draft boards? Like, if I go in under my dummy account and filled the Memphis draft board, would those picks stay if I abandoned the team right away? Or would it go back to AI doing whatever it wants?

Re: Memphis Draft: What to do?

By WarEagle
2/10/2021 8:08 am
I think it would forget your draft board if you abandon the team.

I would recommend making the picks and leaving after the draft (after making sure they are below 60 players before Training Camp).
If nobody takes over before regular season I would recommend taking over again to get the roster down to 53, then leaving again.

I trust you to not do anything sneaky with the picks.

2/10/2021 12:43 pm
Hopefully I woke up in time to give Private Snowflake time to pick a good player.

By PrivateSnowflake
2/11/2021 11:02 am
Fyi, there were picks in the manual draft board.

2/11/2021 12:14 pm
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
Fyi, there were picks in the manual draft board.

That's interesting to know. The previous owner said he put 3 names on his list, and they were gone when his pick came, so he ended up with a punter. He must have been adding names while he was arguing with me about it being no big deal taking a punter in the 1st round.

I hate arguing with people but he wasn't going to be very good for the league and I'm glad it worked out for you to get your team back.

By PrivateSnowflake
2/11/2021 1:16 pm
Worked out perfect. I love difficult rebuilds. Thanks.