League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1992 All Pro Kicker/Punter

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/07/2021 7:20 pm
Picking a kicker was relatively easy this season, although Lucio Grant made me pause to consider him. Grant took over for an ineffective kicker whose name I don't recall and all the ex General did was make all of his kicks. Grant was 34/34 on FGs and 43/43 on XP, but one of the reasons I did not pick him is he did not even attempt a 50 yard FG.

All Pro Kicker/Punter

K Kent Olden, Detroit
P Miguel Browning, Washington

Olden made 47/52 FGs, including 11/13 from 50+. For me personally, I place some weight on being able to make long kicks and I could not pick an 0/0 Grant over a guy who made so many long kicks.

For punter, Lemanski (OKL) had the most yards but a low net avg, Cannon (OAK) had the highest gross avg and Horowitz had the highest net avg, but they weren't even in the top 3. Picking a punter is not an exact science, but I look at mostly net avg and inside 20 percentage. We had 3 punters with over 50 inside the 20, but they also were all in the top 11 in total punts.

I had Elmo Avila of Florida in 3rd place, Glenn Jacobsen of Portland second, but I felt Miguel Browning had a slightly better year. Of the 3, Browning had the best gross average, 2nd best net average, and the only one over 50% inside the 20, nailing 49 of 95. Avila also had 49 punts inside the 20, but it took him 100 punts to do it, and he fell short of Browning on both averages. Jacobsen had the best net average, by 0.4 yards per punt, but of the 3, he had the lowest inside 20 %, nailing 39/83.

Re: 1992 All Pro Kicker/Punter

By Cjfred68
2/08/2021 1:20 am
I totally agree about Lucio Grant....He did great after taking over with his perfect season kicking but my rules kept him from kicking 50+ yarders.

By WarEagle
2/08/2021 7:52 am
I thought you had a poll coming out for us to vote on the all-pro team?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/08/2021 8:16 am
WarEagle wrote:
I thought you had a poll coming out for us to vote on the all-pro team?

Not a poll but a survey like we do for the Hall of Fame. It allows me 10 questions, which covers QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB, Kick Returners, and a write in portion to include offensive/defensive rookies of the year, offensive/defensive MVP, coach of the year, and most improved coach.

The number of allowable questions do not leave room for kickers and punters, so I pick them myself, unless it's too close to call, then I'll make a poll.

I'll be putting the survey together today.

By WarEagle
2/08/2021 8:25 am
Thanks