League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Vote for the USFL/WFL All-Pro Team!

By tribewriter
9/09/2017 7:49 am
We are ready to begin voting for the USFL/WFL All-Pro Team. The link to the survey is on the bottom of this message, but a few words of explanation first.
1. SurveyMonkey will only allow me to ask 10 questions, so I have eliminated punter and kicker from the voting. I am just going to name them when we publish the results. If you check the stats, the identity of the kicker is pretty clear-cut.
2. I have put the stat lines for each player next to their name. However, those numbers might be hard to follow without the column titles. I would encourage you to go to the league home page, player stats, and sort them by the important categories. For instance, I sorted DBs by tackles, then interceptions, then catch-allowed percentage.
3. Each question has a space for a write-in candidate, in case I missed someone deserving.
4. The final question is offensive and defensive MVPs. Please type their names into the comment box.
5. For the offensive line, I have supplied the player's overall rating (my weights), number of plays, and number of sacks allowed.
6. Voting will be open until Wednesday at 8 a.m. I intend to publish the results later Wednesday.
Here is the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R8MP5NK

Re: Vote for the USFL/WFL All-Pro Team!

By Booger926
9/09/2017 11:53 am
Voted
Lots of Write Houston Write ins
Last edited at 9/09/2017 11:56 am

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/09/2017 1:20 pm
I got through it with just 1 write in vote, had to get my guy Mike Williams some love. Surprised Barry Litchford wasn't included in the DB list, he deserved my write in vote a little bit more than Williams. I figured the odds of a write in winning were slim, so I let my bias creep in.

TYVM for breaking down the OL for us, that saved me probably 10 minutes or more of looking it up for myself.

Also, I like the survey voting. Having the players already broken down and listed by position was a time saver for me as well. Like you said, the stats were hard to read but doing this on my PC, I just opened up a new tab with our league stats.

Hardest choice for me was defensive MVP. IMO no one player stood above the rest so it was between several very good players. It didn't help that a lot of the players with high tackle numbers were on mediocre or worse teams(don't be mad as my team is included in the mediocre category). Not sure I'm happy with my choice but it's made and I'll live with it.

Looking forward to see how the voting turns out.

By Booger926
9/10/2017 6:25 am
Not going to go on a campaign for a player not on the lists, so owners can either vote for what they have or look thru the stats themselves to find who I am talking about.

But some of the reasons for my write ins

QB- I look at TDs, Yards,TD to INT ratio, minus sacks and rating. When you throw a TD ever 11.2 attempts and have a 6.8:1 ratio......pretty hard not to stand there in awe

RB - I look at TDs, Yards, Avg....This one is pretty much cut and dry

WR/TE - I look at TDs, Yards, Receptions, Catch % against targets, minus drops. Targets are my fav for TE

OL - I look at snaps played (durability), sacks allowed, and penalties. Lets be honest, how good really was that OL who allowed one sack but had 14 holding penalties and 10 false starts? Still lost yards for your team.

KR - TDs, yards, avg. A KR's job is to get as many yards per return as possible to set up the best field position for your team. Highlight reels are nice, TDs on returns from the end of the endzone are nice, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

DL - I look at Sacks, QB Hurries, minus missed Tackles and forced fumbles. I also go into depth as to what these ratios are as opposed to times played. When you can get to my QB on every 13.08 plays, you going to be BFF with him. But that's just me.

LB - These are tricky. There is no set rule I look at because each position has different responsibilities. WLB are deterrents to the pass, SLB are deterrents to the run, and MLB are just bad to the bone guys that can do both. MLB I look at tackles, sacks, hurries. WLB I look at tackles, sacks, hurries, Thrown at, catch allowed %, INT. SLB I look at the big 3 and Forced fumbles.

DB - I look at INTs, ALLD %, Thrown at, Knocked down, minus catches. This is one that I will admit I had a write in, and I admit justly so deserved. When you knock down 19.6% of every pass thrown at you, when a receiver only catches every fourth pass thrown his way while your man is covering him, and you are in the high percentage of INT when thrown at over 100+ times, you better believe every QB in the League knows your name. I am really surprised the one I am talking about didn't make the list other than being buried in stats.

By Mcarovil
9/10/2017 7:14 am
Voted....eventhough I missed most of the season.

By Pernbronze
9/10/2017 7:03 pm
Voted

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/11/2017 1:06 am
Catch % may not be fair to look at. Whenever the QB throws the ball away due to pressure, the game log states an intended receiver. Given that, a low catch % isn't necessarily the fault of the WR or QB but a leaky OL.

By Loftusranger
9/11/2017 11:43 am
Voted.

By trslick
9/11/2017 11:53 am
voted

By CrimsonWolfZ
9/11/2017 12:31 pm
Voted