The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Livid Players

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/16/2020 8:59 am
I'm curious about this feature of MFN, the players opinion of you. I saw my old player, Magic Johnson, on waivers and clicked on his stat page. Four seasons later and Magic is still livid with me for trading him. Let it go dude.

In another league, Champions I think, I have a 2nd year RB who isn't happy with me because he didn't start last season, his rookie year. I'm starting him this year and he's doing well, but he is still unhappy with me. When I click on contract, a pop up shows he wants to be traded or allowed to test FA market.

I'm curious if he'll still feel that way 2 seasons from now when I actually want to negotiate an extension.

Sometimes the unhappiness goes away after a few starts, other times they keep that chip on their shoulder. Seems random to me.

Re: Livid Players

By vcr5150
10/16/2020 12:12 pm
I've recently had a player as "livid" and it took most of the season to get to where he would resign a contract.

It is annoying with the FA's. Recently I wanted to sign a player for the rest of the season due to injury - turns out I had cut the player 3 seasons ago as a rookie AND he never played a down for another team. Really? Someone would pass on a contract if they haven't been on a roster for 3 years just out of spite?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/16/2020 12:13 pm
vcr5150 wrote:
I've recently had a player as "livid" and it took most of the season to get to where he would resign a contract.

It is annoying with the FA's. Recently I wanted to sign a player for the rest of the season due to injury - turns out I had cut the player 3 seasons ago as a rookie AND he never played a down for another team. Really? Someone would pass on a contract if they haven't been on a roster for 3 years just out of spite?

I've had a few like that as well. Then I've had others, like my current Hayden Fox, whom I've cut and re signed.

By Cjfred68
10/16/2020 1:37 pm
I can see extreme cases like maybe Earl Thomas....he would never resign with the Ravens and maybe Seattle unless of course Seattle threw a big contract in front of him and nobody else is interested then suddenly he would forgive and forget....tell the press he didn't handle things right and regrets what he said...lol

By Dogboyuk75
10/16/2020 5:23 pm
i had a player/rookie that was autocut when i missed deadline,even though he showed as livid i immediately signed him back the very next week,he went to unhappy after a week,after a season he went too neutral and this last season after starting him hes finally upgraded to happy so it can happen mind you from livid to happy in 2.5 seasons