The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Boston Breakers and Jacksonville Bulls

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/23/2020 4:14 am
Boston Breakers sends:
1991 Round 2 Selection 14
1992 Round 2

Jacksonville Bulls sends:
Troy Hill (RDE)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Boston Breakers and Jacksonville Bulls

By Dash
9/24/2020 10:42 am
Some of these trades are brutal..2 2nds for a 10year DE? Those 2 picks are a gonna be real good..oi vey

By vcr5150
9/24/2020 1:02 pm
Dash wrote:
Some of these trades are brutal..2 2nds for a 10year DE? Those 2 picks are a gonna be real good..oi vey

and on top of that, the DE is in the final year of a contract. There will be a big guaranteed signing bonus to keep him more than the single season. He should be good for 4 more seasons at least.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/24/2020 2:37 pm
I was gonna say something yesterday but decided not to because Boston sent the trade. This trade won't be so bad if his contract gets extended and the Breakers have $50 million in cap space, $41 million after the draft picks.

I also didn't want it to look like I was considering overturning the trade because I'm not. I believe it's a case of Boston being so close to contention that they feel Hill will help get them over the hump, so they overpaid for who they wanted.

I am not the BBB, I won't overturn a trade just because the price was too high. Overturning trades should only be done when someone is being taken advantage of or the trade hurts the entire league.