The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1990 All Pro Write In Portion (Question 10)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/16/2020 2:14 pm
I haven't gotten as far as I wanted with the All Pro ballots, but I'm almost there. I have to finish determining the OL, LB, and DBs, then creating the ballot.

I am ready to announce the candidates for rookie and coach of the year. I still get a few ballots each time with not enough names typed in for question 10.

Question 10

This is the last, write in portion of the survey and I need 5 names from everyone. They should be as follows:

Offensive Player of the Year: Any offensive player in the league that you feel had the best season (pick a name from the All Pro Ballot)

Defensive Player of the Year: Any defensive player in the league that you feel had the best season (pick a name from the All Pro Ballot)

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Any offensive rookie (see list below) that you feel had the best season.

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Any defensive rookie (see list below) that you feel had the best season

Coach of the Year: The owner/GM you feel had the best season (see list below)

Offensive Rookie of the Year Nominees

Eric Davis RB New Jersey 1052 combined yards 6 TD (794-4/35-258-2)
Robert Romero RB Florida 1152 combined yards 7 TD (814-5/67-338-2)
Hugh Chance WR Houston 39 catches 884 yards 11 TD
Jeffrey Frost RB Portland 1209 combined yards 6 TD (623-3/54-586-3)
Mark Hsu WR San Jose 72 receptions 1682 yards 15 TD
Walter Simmons WR Michigan 2010 combined yards 8 TD (1378-3/85-632-5)

Defensive Rookie of the Year Nominees

Sammy Moontz SLB Oklahoma 96 tackles, 13 missed tackles, 1 sack, 1 hurry, 6 knockdowns, 3 fumble recoveries, 4 forced fumbles, 80% catch allowed
Johnny Ryan CB San Antonio 57 tackles, 13 missed tackles, 30 knockdowns, 2 forced fumbles, 45.8% catch allowed
Stephen Ramsey CB Memphis 48 tackles, 8 missed tackles, 15 knockdowns, 2 INT (1 TD) 46.8% catch allowed
Timothy Slaughter MLB Southern California 68 tackles, 15 missed tackles, 7 knockdowns, 1 INT, 51% catch allowed
Lee Branam FS Cleveland 73 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 12 knockdowns, 1 INT, 1 forced fumble, 43.3% catch allowed
Toney Richardson CB Shreveport 74 tackles, 6 missed tackles, 21 knockdowns, 6 INT, 1 forced fumble, 44.7% catch allowed
John Osbourne FS Florida 105 tackles, 10 missed tackles, 27 knockdowns, 1 INT, 1 forced fumble, 38.1% catch allowed
Frank Baker LB Portland 27 tackles, 17 missed tackles, 20 sacks, 34 hurries, 1 forced fumble, 1-4 in catch allowed

Coach of the Year Nominees

Setherick Defending Champs finished 15-1, #1 overall seed in American Conference
tribewriter Took over Memphis and has the Showboats in the World Bowl
hollyhh2000 Improved San Jose by 5 games and won their first ever playoff game this season
fhunt3 Improved Detroit by 5 games and nearly had the Wheels in the post season
zimmer89 Improved Florida from 1-15 to 6-10
pdoug20 Improved Boston from 2-14 to 7-9
smirt211 Keeps knocking on the World Bowl door and had one of the best offenses in the league
4343 Had Baltimore as the #1 seed again and they're difficult to beat
CrazyRazor Won National Conference and has 11 game win streak

Re: 1990 All Pro Write In Portion (Question 10)

9/22/2020 8:44 am
Am I making question 10 difficult, or making the instructions unclear? We're still having problems with the write in portion.

Problem #1 Incomplete ballots. We've had 20 votes so far for questions 1-9 but 2 people totally skipped the write in question #10.

Problem #2 Less than 5 names typed in...this has improved but we still had 1 out of 18 only submit MVPs (no rookies or coach listed)

Problem #3 Strange logic. I have only counted half of the 18 write in votes so far but I ran across 1 with strange logic. I've had 2 of the 9 counted that list Frank Baker as Defensive MVP. Nothing wrong with that at all, rookies can be MVP, but one of those two listed someone else as defensive rookie of the year. I'm assuming it was an oversight because I fail to see the logic behind picking a rookie as the league's best defensive player yet picking someone else as ROY.

I wouldn't name names anyway, not trying to get blacklisted from Hop Sing's, but I really don't know who did what. Except Smirt. His write in ballot made it obvious it was him, and he had a joke I'm not going to share but I thought it was funny. Anyway, Smirt's ballot had Baker listed as both, which is the correct voting logic.

Would it help if I designated the rookies on the All Pro Ballot? I'm afraid it will make it too "busy", since I already have stats next to everybody but I can try it next year if you think it will help.

Any ideas to make the process easier is appreciated in advance.

By Smirt211
9/22/2020 8:49 am
Quick thing.

I did the ballot once and at the end my screen refreshed and I lost it. I made that mistake with Baker. (I think!)

I know I went back the 2nd time when I re-did it and I slotted him into both. It was the regular DPOY I put him into the 2nd time so maybe I didn't make the mistake. It'd be reverse ...to have that and not have the rookie version.

...and ha ha you liked my joke. :)
Last edited at 9/22/2020 8:50 am

9/22/2020 8:56 am
Smirt211 wrote:
Quick thing.

I did the ballot once and at the end my screen refreshed and I lost it. I made that mistake with Baker. (I think!)

I know I went back the 2nd time when I re-did it and I slotted him into both. It was the regular DPOY I put him into the 2nd time so maybe I didn't make the mistake. It'd be reverse ...to have that and not have the rookie version.

...and ha ha you liked my joke. :)

Yeah I liked your joke. I'm sure whomever did that just didn't realize Baker was a rookie, or it didn't register in their brain that it's the same guy as in the rookie list.

Odd thing is, as of now, that oversight makes a difference in who gets the award.

BTW Offensive ROY looks like a great race, Hsu and Simmons have 4 each with 50% of the votes counted. Defensive MVP is also tight with 4 different players tied with 2 votes each.

By tribewriter
9/22/2020 9:48 am
You can expand to more than 10 questions on SurveyMonkey, but you have to pay for it. The free version allows up to 10 questions. I am too cheap to pay, which is why I went to the write-in box for the major awards.

It would be easier if you could contact the individual owners and tell them to correct their ballots. However, SurveyMonkey only lets you see IP addresses.

By Cjfred68
9/22/2020 12:46 pm
Can you send 2 separate survey monkeys??? One for Probowls and second for MVPs etc???

I dont know how much more work that would be but it may help with the confusion....

Its fine as is for me, I just vote Tony Dean for everything....Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP, Offensive Rookie of the year, Defensive Rookie of the year and Coach of the year!!! Lol

9/22/2020 1:09 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Can you send 2 separate survey monkeys??? One for Probowls and second for MVPs etc???

I dont know how much more work that would be but it may help with the confusion....

Its fine as is for me, I just vote Tony Dean for everything....Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP, Offensive Rookie of the year, Defensive Rookie of the year and Coach of the year!!! Lol

I'm with tribewriter, I'm not giving survey monkey money. Making a second survey is no big deal to me, I'm just not sure if they allow 2 open surveys at a time. Guess I'll find out at the end of 1991.

By tribewriter
9/22/2020 1:54 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

I'm with tribewriter, I'm not giving survey monkey money. Making a second survey is no big deal to me, I'm just not sure if they allow 2 open surveys at a time. Guess I'll find out at the end of 1991.

If you want, raidergreg, we could do one survey on my account and one on yours.

9/22/2020 1:59 pm
tribewriter wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

That would work if they only allow one open survey at a time. In fact, I'll try to create another survey tonight and see what happens.

9/22/2020 4:57 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
tribewriter wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

That would work if they only allow one open survey at a time. In fact, I'll try to create another survey tonight and see what happens.

I just created another survey, so it seems I can have 2 open at once.