League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

This one is for you Cjfred

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/15/2020 8:55 pm

I'm getting players for the All Pro Ballot, when this caught my eye going to the player award page. I know you love pimping how good Tony Dean is, and MFN agrees with you.

Re: This one is for you Cjfred

By Cjfred68
9/17/2020 1:49 pm
Just the fuel Tony Dean's inflated ego needs!

By Cjfred68
9/17/2020 1:52 pm
It also says he was the best QB in every season from 84-90 with the exception of 88. Lol

9/29/2020 10:55 pm
Tribewriter and I are working on HOF stuff and I am currently looking at all time QB stats. There are currently only 2 QB in the HOF, Agustin Crook and Mario Valencia. Tony Dean is currently 23rd in all time passing yards, which doesn't help. What does help is he is 9th in TD passes and he is #1 all time in QBR among QBs with more than 13 pass attempts. In fact, only 3 QBs have a career QBR above 100 with over 1000 career passes...Dean, Cook, and your rival David Allen. For comparison, Valencia's career QBR was 94.77.

By Cjfred68
9/29/2020 11:12 pm
Well Tony Dean is entering his year 9 season. If I can get 4 more seasons out of him and he keeps his average season numbers of 4900 yards and 44 TDs.....

He ends up 3rd alltime in yardage and 1st by alot in TD passes.

If I only get 3 seasons....

9th in yardage and 1st in TDs

If only 2 seasons.....

12th in yardage and 3rd in TDs

He would need 6 seasons to hit #1 overall in yardage and TDs.

Not playing his rookie season may prevent him from hitting the top numbers but he should finish top ten in most categories then you add the MVPs and Titles.....not to mention his postseason numbers where he is 2nd alltime in yardage and 3rd alltime in TDs already.

9/29/2020 11:26 pm
The post season stuff will help for sure and the HOF is about more than yards. If Dean never played another down, he'd have my vote. He is already top 10 in TD passes, YPA and QBR with a sparkling TD/INT ratio.

By Cjfred68
9/30/2020 2:32 am
Getting attached to fictious players and pulling for them to succeed in the game, season and career is what makes this game fun to me.

Bringing them to life with a personality, temperament and attitude via interviews in the Houston Chronicle probably speaks to my sanity!