The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Blog Post: 1990 American Conference Wildcard Weekend

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/12/2020 8:34 am
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/2020/09/1990-american-conference-wildcard.html

Big thanks to tribewriter for helping me figure out what I was doing wrong with inserting plays into the blog. It took me awhile to get this written, so I was only able to finish the American Conference. Depending on when I wake up, I'll either do the National Conference games this afternoon or after work tomorrow morning.

Re: New Blog Post: 1990 American Conference Wildcard Weekend

By tribewriter
9/12/2020 11:51 am
My team wants nothing to do with San Jose. Can't believe someone dropped 69 points on the Hawaiians. I am already thinking of hollyhh2000 as someone who should be on the Coach of the Year ballot for turning that franchise around.

Hawaii's 0-8 playoff record is one of the league's great unexplainable mysteries. trslick has really good teams every year, across this league and many others.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/12/2020 3:04 pm
tribewriter wrote:
My team wants nothing to do with San Jose. Can't believe someone dropped 69 points on the Hawaiians. I am already thinking of hollyhh2000 as someone who should be on the Coach of the Year ballot for turning that franchise around.

Hawaii's 0-8 playoff record is one of the league's great unexplainable mysteries. trslick has really good teams every year, across this league and many others.

I can relate with Honolulu about getting destroyed in a playoff game, as I'll never forget losing 79-19 in the 1985 playoffs. It's not a good feeling at all, but in a way it's easier to take because at least you know you deserved the loss instead of kicking yourself over a play or two that cost you a close game.

By Cjfred68
9/12/2020 5:09 pm
My team was lucky to pull out the win as clearly the week 16 lose to Memphis was still lingering. Facing Portland this week seems like an impossible task with confidence low and the team struggling to find its rhythm. I would wish Setherick luck but I'm gonna need all of it plus some to pull out this win.