The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1990 Playoffs

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/15/2020 7:09 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
Oh, no.

Lets see, neither one went 16-0 so that's a problem. Catbird seat with 15-1 (and no worries of the perfect season sim engine wallop). Showboats possess massive team pedigree and a 2-headed monster of rules and Infinity's deep-thinking strategies. Storm has team pedigree, an elite GM and a team fortress-d by taking the league over in the past 2 seasons or so. In other words, f***. LOL

In some ways that's not a bad way to go into a LC game...no pressure. If you lose, it's expected and it's easier to let it go. If you win, then you're a giant killer.

On the flipside, if you feel that you "should" win an LC game, it's often a joyless win as that's what you were supposed to do in the first place. Lose, and it eats at you for awhile, and the woulda, coulda, shoulda takes over.

9/15/2020 7:12 pm
BTW best of luck to all 4 teams still playing. You all have had excellent seasons and it's a shame only 2 of you can continue on to the World Bowl. I'm hoping for more competitive games this time as the divisional round was rather boring.

By Smirt211
9/15/2020 7:14 pm
The only LC championship loss which truly gets at me would be the sub-100 points allowed in the season and the opposing GM isn't a mastermind of the game therefore it = yeah, right.

Something drastic or the nerf - you come in and from the first play you have no chance. Players move at zombie speed with no life. I've had home field a couple times in a title game (like my legit stadium - home field) and that always ended badly.

9/15/2020 7:16 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
The only LC championship loss which truly gets at me would be the sub-100 points allowed in the season and the opposing GM isn't a mastermind of the game therefore it = yeah, right.

Something drastic or the nerf - you come in and from the first play you have no chance. Players move at zombie speed with no life. I've had home field a couple times in a title game (like my legit stadium - home field) and that always ended badly.

Funny you should say that as that Victory LC I just lost was played on my home field.

By Smirt211
9/15/2020 7:17 pm
Bam.

Yeah, it's a bad omen/tell-tale to a title game loss. :(

I want to say I lost with Sweden in the World League awhile back. It's the last one I remember.

By setherick
9/15/2020 11:03 pm
Breaking news: Rocquemore is set to start despite being questionable with injury.

9/16/2020 1:37 pm
World Bowl XVII

Memphis Showboats (17-1) vs Washington Federals (16-3)

Point Spread: Washington -3

Memphis: Offense 1st Defense 2nd
Washington: Offense 3rd Defense 9th

Playoff Records: Memphis 21-6 (4-0 World Bowl VI, VII, XIII, XIV) Washington 8-9 (0-1 World Bowl XIV)

Head to Head: Last Regular Season Game Week 9, 1988 Memphis 34 Washington 19...Met in World Bowl XIV Memphis 27 Washington 7

Injuries: Memphis 3 probable 2 questionable, 1 Out Washington 3 probable, 5 questionable

Prediction: Memphis 31 Washington 26

Washington is the hottest team in the league, and despite the point spread, it feels like the Federals are the underdog. I think this will be a mostly even game, with the difference being red zone efficiency. I believe too many Washington possessions result in FG tries while Memphis will convert TDs. That, and the American Conference is 13-3 all time in the World Bowl.

Congrats to both of you for taking your teams all the way to the World Bowl, you've had great seasons no matter what happens.