The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Playoff Expansion Coming Soon???

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/01/2020 1:05 pm
I don't have any answers, but I suspect that we'll soon have 7 playoff teams per conference. The Victory Football League https://victory.myfootballnow.com/ is having their first ever playoffs and we have 6 wildcard games. I'm very fortunate to have the #1 seed so I don't have to play, but I still don't like the format.

Whenever it comes here, I'm still not gonna like it but we don't have a choice. I can't change it or make a rule to get around it, so we'll have to live with it.

On one hand, I get it for RL NFL, more playoffs = more $$$. More teams in contention down the stretch = more eyeballs watching your product. It really only screws one team over, and that's the #2 seed. Instead of a BYE, they now must win 4 games to become Champs.

If it was up to me, I'd leave it alone, I believe the current format is **** near perfect. If the NFL is gonna change, might as well allow 8 per conference so all playoff teams are on equal footing, needing 4 wins for a Championship.

Wanna expand further? Make it 12 each with the division winners all getting byes. Rant over, carry on.

Re: Playoff Expansion Coming Soon???

By Cjfred68
9/01/2020 4:58 pm
Any change in the playoff format is strange until it becomes normal over time. I do believe the 7 playoff team format will be short-lived and it will become 8 within 5 or 6 years.

I hated when it went from 3 divisions to 4 divisions but now I can't think of anything better.

We will all get use to it eventually.....and then they will change it again.

By Smirt211
9/01/2020 5:25 pm
I saw a couple days ago when someone was wondering what had happened. Victory is on the same sim engine as MFN-1.

None of our leagues change format until a new release.

I can look at it from an overall perspective. You only get 1 team per conference with the locked in savings...err bye week and an expanded playoff field. Only 1 team per conference gets the 3 wins and the title E-Z Pass. That should rotate each season.

With 2 per...CJ, me, Seth etc. usually always secure 1 and are in the 3 and win out...title position.

It's good for the game overall to allow others to slide in and have title shots.

By Smirt211
9/01/2020 5:30 pm
Individually, for myself, I absolutely hate it... lol