The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Special Teams Depth Chart

By USFLCommish
8/30/2020 11:05 am

I'm going through Pittsburgh, fixing the depth chart, maybe sign some contracts. I just wanted to say, if your special teams depth chart is this small, you're doing it wrong. With only 4 players listed in ST Rusher, you're leaving yourself open to AI inserting a DB and having you break the punt block rule.

Re: Special Teams Depth Chart

By USFLCommish
8/30/2020 11:23 am
Pittsburgh will have only 43 active players unless I activate some of the questionable ones. Pittsburgh only has 48 players on the roster, so there isn't much depth. I'll sign some cheap FA players to fill out the roster, but that won't help tonight.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/30/2020 12:18 pm
USFLCommish wrote:
Pittsburgh will have only 43 active players unless I activate some of the questionable ones. Pittsburgh only has 48 players on the roster, so there isn't much depth. I'll sign some cheap FA players to fill out the roster, but that won't help tonight.

After looking over the team, I feel it's more important to save the cap room to sign some of the impending free agents rather than try to round out the roster of a 2-9 team going nowhere.

By Smirt211
8/30/2020 3:45 pm
Just wanted to interject that when someone vacates a team....AI takes over and everything gets factory reset. (or shades of some things...)

I started commenting thinking it was an Infinity ran team but I also doubt Jay would have his ST depth chart so depleted.

By Cjfred68
8/30/2020 8:06 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
USFLCommish wrote:

After looking over the team, I feel it's more important to save the cap room to sign some of the impending free agents rather than try to round out the roster of a 2-9 team going nowhere.

You could sign some players to 1 year minimums to fill out the roster.

8/30/2020 8:09 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
USFLCommish wrote:

You could sign some players to 1 year minimums to fill out the roster.

I could, but then it's even harder to extend impending free agents. This season is going nowhere for the Maulers so I'd rather secure their future so to speak. I'll see how much cap room is left after contract extensions and maybe I can get someone for now.

By Cjfred68
8/30/2020 10:29 pm
USFLCommish wrote:

Just a heads up.....you must have 45 active for the game minimum or the A.I. activates enough players to get to 45....this case 2 will be activated.

Simple trick....activate 2 injured players as QB3 and QB4 only so you have the required 45 without them ever seeing the field.

8/31/2020 10:23 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
USFLCommish wrote:

Just a heads up.....you must have 45 active for the game minimum or the A.I. activates enough players to get to 45....this case 2 will be activated.

Simple trick....activate 2 injured players as QB3 and QB4 only so you have the required 45 without them ever seeing the field.

I've had to do that with some of my own teams.