The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: All Pro Teams Page Updated

By tribewriter
8/20/2020 3:45 pm
raidergreg and I have finished updating the All-Pro Teams page on the website with all of the All-Pro teams and major award winners from every season.
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/p/usflwfl-all-pro-teams.html

If you are a veteran coach, you can look back on some of the great players who have come and gone from your roster (and the ones you should have drafted). If you are a new coach, you can get a sense of history for your franchise.

I wanted to point out one feature I have always maintained.

1989 USFL/WFL All-Pro Team
(Previous selections in parentheses)
Offense: Tony Dean, QB, Houston ('85, '86)

If you see numbers in parentheses after a player's name, those are to record his previous appearances on the All-Pro team. So, 1989 QB Tony Dean was also All-Pro in 1985 and '86.
Last edited at 8/20/2020 3:46 pm

Re: All Pro Teams Page Updated

By tribewriter
8/20/2020 3:52 pm
I wanted to address a question I have seen multiple times in the forums when Hall of Fame voting comes up.

"Why was (this guy) only All-Pro twice?"

The All-Pro team is voted on each season. The 25 players who had the most outstanding season are recognized for their performance in a single season.

The Hall of Fame is voted on after a player's career is over. That player is recognized for his consistent excellence over many seasons.

Many Hall of Fame players were among the best each season, but did not necessarily put up the best numbers in the league during a particular season, so they were not voted All-Pro that season. Lots of examples of this in USFL.

Single-season performance vs. cumulative performance. That's my explanation.