The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Injury Rate back to 100 now

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/03/2020 11:53 am
Just letting everyone know I have set the injury rate back to 100 for our regular season. I haven't looked at any other teams yet, but I hope everyone has minimal injuries as we kick off 1990 for real.

Re: Injury Rate back to 100 now

By Smirt211
8/03/2020 3:13 pm
This is fair. It gives you a shot in a league where the competition is off the charts and everyone is close to playing to the middle due to mostly precise drafting and limited FAs.

My team's depth chart isn't clean but it's a 3-week neck play maker who will play and 1-2 pieces down the chart in TE whom I had to shade out.

Minimal. Much better than tons of gray, here's week #1, good luck pal! *Vince McMahon inflection*

By Cjfred68
8/03/2020 6:11 pm
I have a MLB OUT 12 weeks I put on IR.....is that good/minimal? Asking for a friend.

I just hope week 1 isn't a bloodbath as everyone was conditioned for 75% injury rates.
Last edited at 8/03/2020 6:13 pm

By Smirt211
8/03/2020 6:16 pm
You took 1 hit but made out ok. Your DB fortress is intact and this wasn't your main LB guy or at the top from a quick glance. The 100% rate can just strafe right through rosters, which needs to be avoided.

You build up 100 conditioning and hope for the best.

By Cjfred68
8/03/2020 6:30 pm
I got lucky....

Oakland 13 Injuries
Clevelnad 11 Injuries
Georgia 10 Injuries

Its all luck with a dash of strategy.

You either have injuries or you dont.....as long as there are injuries.....everyone won't be satisfied with the outcome.

I honestly don't think the slider is that precise....you either lower it to 0-20% to take most injuries away or you have injuries to some degree....somebody will always pay the price when there are injuries.

By Smirt211
8/03/2020 6:35 pm
I'm not going to discount your thoughts - they're cool.

But I'll say from my experience and it could be tailored to the league - I had to leave MFN-75 because the injury rate @ 100% was downright vicious. Heartless just kept cutting through and wasn't even content with me taking an L - had to double back and knock my CB #1 for a 3 game legit sit out. (6 week injury) Not only that....that league without a doubt straight blasted from Preseason #1 and had 4 freaking preseason games. I like MWD and we're cool but that structure was wow.

By Smirt211
8/03/2020 6:44 pm
BTW just to add on. You're absolutely right...No Holds Barred 25% nearly took injuries away completely. I do enjoy having that 1 league where I can E-Z pass to 'scout defense.'

You got that angle right, definitely

Conversely, when it shreds your depth chart and you're staring at 15 injuries and you got to f*** around with shades of grey and discern active/inactive deeply there's a point to where it becomes the **** with this. (if it's a league you're not attached to)

By Cjfred68
8/03/2020 7:13 pm
Thats the difference between you and me my friend....I joined MFN to be a GM and build my roster, manage the cap, draft and sign free agents....I hate gameplanning and only do it because the idiot A.I. sucks.

I love the challenge of dealing with injuries and there impact on my roster...I always build my roster with depth everywhere and versatile players that can play multiple positions....dealing with any amount over 10 injuries is about making hard decisions in the depth chart and resting key players that are hurt.....sometimes you sacrifice a game (or at least minimize the chance of a positive outcome) to win the following 4 games.

All the things you find tedious are why I play MFN....There is nothing more exciting to me then the end of season spin when I can evaluate my roster based off the cap, who retired, who is in the last year of their contract and what free agents are available.

Without injuries.....this game becomes who gameplans the best and I know thats not me....that benefits you for sure....without injuries you may never lose a game in most leagues and you are already close to that already.

By Cjfred68
8/03/2020 7:29 pm
I was actually excited for ROSTER ONLY leagues until I played a seasom and watched the A.I. slowly **** any and all life out of my offense.

ROSTER ONLY is like buying your 16 year old daughter a 5 speed Mustang Cobra for her birthday but she can't drive stick....It looks nice sitting in the driveway but she can never really go anywhere with it.
Last edited at 8/03/2020 7:31 pm

By Smirt211
8/03/2020 7:53 pm
One thing to consider is I've become everyone's Super Bowl (stated evenly) and you're pretty much that, as well for everyone. It makes every game difficult as we don't fly under the radar - at all.

Obviously, I can roster manage in terms of a depth chart in front of me I perform magic. You observe me enough to know and it's funny as I've always been this way like when I played FBB Basketball - I like to wallop with the elites. Congregate as many dominators as possible into the line-up.

Perhaps, this is where we depart from one another. You've got the Spaced Invader style - lines of players whom keep coming at you and I build as strong as I can with the emphasis on top heavy. I find that if you take on too many injuries in one section of the depth chart or the wrong ones (2-3 major play makers, either side of the ball - WRs/CBs) there's a point to where you can't win the particular game. Sim engine alerts to your weakened state and that's when you'll see holding penalties against you, pass interference penalties and players whom move at Walking Dead Zombie speed.

Maybe that's the game, too. More spaced invader lines you build, the more you can stave away the automatic injury loss.

I'm a centrist. It'd be absolutely boring with no injuries but strafed rosters all game, every game, after each and every game isn't my thang, either.