The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1989 USFL/WFL All Pro Team

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/26/2020 4:10 pm

By Hellbringer
7/26/2020 5:19 pm
Thanks RG

By Mcarovil
7/26/2020 6:32 pm
Thanks Greg. You put a lot of time into this. I will make sure I fill out #10. Ive been lazy and that’s not a good enough excuse. Also, I’ll never vote for a WR at RB. Just can’t do it.

7/26/2020 6:41 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Thanks Greg. You put a lot of time into this. I will make sure I fill out #10. Ive been lazy and that’s not a good enough excuse. Also, I’ll never vote for a WR at RB. Just can’t do it.

Honestly I have no idea who does or doesn't fill it out unless you tell me. All I see with people's responses is an IP address. As far as not voting for a WR at RB, that's fine, and I put the (WR) next to their names because I know some people feel that way. Same with McKeon and Socrates Rogers (WR playing DB), I want people to know who is out of position.

By Cjfred68
7/26/2020 7:00 pm
HOUSTON CHRONICLE

July 24th, 1990

Tony Dean received 3rd All-Pro selection in otherwise disappointing season

Tony Dean got word that he was selected to the All-Pro team for the 3rd time in his career and he took the news with mixed emotions. When asked how he felt about the individual honor and what it means to him, the teams goals and what the future has to hold, he said this:

"Its definately an honor when you are selected by your peers to be an All-Pro but the honor is a little bittersweet as we, as a team, didn't reach our ultimate goal."

"Despite the award, I simply wasn't good enough and our team wasn't good enough as we fell short of our own expectations."

"This award will go up on the mantle, and maybe when my careers over, I can have a better perspective on it but for now its just a reminder that despite individual success, without the teams success to accompany that, it doesnt really mean all that much."

"From ownership on down to the 53rd man on the roster plus the entire coaching staff, we have established a standard of excellence. That standard is the Houston Gamblers want to be holding the World Bowl Title at the end of each and every season. We all fell short of that standard last season and we all go into the next season with the goal of getting back to that standard."

7/26/2020 7:07 pm
It's crazy just how much Tony Dean looks like Jim Kelly.

By Cjfred68
7/26/2020 7:37 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
It's crazy just how much Tony Dean looks like Jim Kelly.

You mean how much Jim Kelly looks like Tony Dean right?

The real difference is Tony Dean wears 3 Championship rings while Jim Kelly.....
Last edited at 7/26/2020 9:28 pm