The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1989 All Pro K and P

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
7/05/2020 10:40 pm
I'm currently looking at the stats, getting the names ready for the All Pro ballot. As always, the LA names the K and P himself, given the fact Survey Monkey only allows 10 questions in their free version. Without further ado, here are your 1989 All Pro Kicker and Punter

All Pro Kicker John Bazile, Washington

All Pro Punter Wayne Lange, Washington

There were 3 kickers under consideration, Bazile, Lucio Grant of New Jersey and Chicago's Leon Rupe. Those were the only kickers with 40 or more FGs made and Bazile had the highest make %. Bazile sealed the nomination by making 14 of 15 kicks from 50+.

For punters, I mainly look at net avg and inside 20 percentage. Anyone can kick the ball far, but a punter's main job is to flip field position. This season, I almost called a tie, as Cleveland's Thomas Brott had an almost identical season to Lange. Brott actually edged Lange in gross avg (47.0-46.9) and net avg (45.6-45.5). The tiebreaker was Inside 20, where Brott was 41/96 while Lange was 43/98.

Re: 1989 All Pro K and P

7/17/2020 2:31 pm
I haven't forgot about this, just been busy with an allocation draft, doing my Mom's taxes at the last minute, and other stuff like work. Ballot is coming soon, wish I had a secretary haha.

7/17/2020 3:20 pm
On the plus side, my 1st round draft board is ready, I know which group of 21 my pick will come from. That will free me up to create the ballot tomorrow hopefully.

7/18/2020 8:11 am
The ballot is finished, all that's left is to type up the page listing the rookie candidates for everyone to fill out question 10. I'll do that after I wake up and pick this afternoon.

By Cjfred68
7/18/2020 7:07 pm
Voted