The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Free agent QBs

By Cjfred68
5/18/2020 11:18 am
This is where MFN is completely different then the NFL....

Its late free agency and 4 quarterbacks are still available with a combined 132,000 yards in passing yards which includes Joe Richardson who is 2nd all-time in passing yards (59,769) and passing TDs (391). He is entering his 16th season but is only 37 which would mean he has maybe 4-6 seasons left in the NFL but in MFN he has a 50% retirement probability.

Re: Free agent QBs

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/18/2020 1:09 pm
In the NFL, backup QB's rarely get opportunity to hone their craft since they're running scout team offense. When they do get a chance to play, they usually struggle badly because of timing issues with receivers, etc.

In MFN, players are much more interchangeable and we don't have to worry about public relations when releasing a long time QB. I'm sure there are some idiots up in Massachusetts who are phoning in death threats because Brady wasn't kept.

By Cjfred68
5/18/2020 3:06 pm
Yeah....no media or public relations makes cutting a hall of famer easier....my only thought was the retirement age for QBs.

That QB is 2nd all time in league history in yards and TDS....He is 37 years old and should have a few years left ....??

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/18/2020 3:26 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Yeah....no media or public relations makes cutting a hall of famer easier....my only thought was the retirement age for QBs.

That QB is 2nd all time in league history in yards and TDS....He is 37 years old and should have a few years left ....??

You would think so but it seems retirement comes early for MFN players unless they're linemen. Here, 30 is the new 35.

By AlexanDragon
5/18/2020 6:10 pm
Shhhhhhssssss don't say it out loud! He will pas Dustin Nichols for first all-time if someone plays him!!

By Cjfred68
5/19/2020 1:01 pm
Big news out of Birmingham as they sign future hall of fame QB Joe Richardson to a 1 year, 17 million dollar deal. If he starts the majority of the season, he should become the all time leader in passing yards and TDs.

He needs just 515 yards and 16 TDs!

After 5 straight playoff appearances including a Confernce Championship in 1985, Birmingham fell to 5-11 last season but this signing has the fans and media buzzing about them returning to the playoffs this season!
Last edited at 5/19/2020 1:04 pm

By AlexanDragon
5/19/2020 2:22 pm
****! Hahaha Alright... Time to make brewer the #1 all-time now! That'll be a challenge

By Mcarovil
5/19/2020 5:37 pm
I wish the bandits had a FQB. Ever. Our #1 overall pick Driggers hasn’t quite made it over the hump yet.

I saw Luis Gero was still playing. He is a FA and he has some impressive numbers for us.
Last edited at 5/19/2020 5:38 pm

By Infinity on Trial
5/19/2020 6:38 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
I wish the bandits had a FQB. Ever. Our #1 overall pick Driggers hasn’t quite made it over the hump yet.

I saw Luis Gero was still playing. He is a FA and he has some impressive numbers for us.

I'd take Driggers off your hands for you. I've even got a two-time champion QB to offer.