The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Punt Block Exploit Rule Proposal

By CrazyRazor
4/11/2020 8:07 pm
May a propose a rule that bans/eliminates the use of the punt block exploit. We have a number of GM's in this league that use it. It isn't a signifier of a GM's ability to build rosters or gameplan. It's simply a way to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

I know this because I formerly used it and have had it used on me. I would love to see this come to a vote for next season.

Thanks,
CrazyRazor
Last edited at 4/12/2020 10:11 am

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/12/2020 3:57 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
May a propose a rule that bans/eliminates the use of the punt block exploit. We have a number of GM's in this league that use it. It isn't a signifier of a GM's ability to build rosters or gameplan. It's simply a way to gain an unfair advantage in the game.

I know this because I formerly used it and have it it used on me. I would love to see this come to a vote for next season.

Thanks,
CrazyRazor

I hate the punt block but I'm not going through every game log looking for them.

By CrazyRazor
4/12/2020 10:10 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

I know this because I formerly used it and have it it used on me. I would love to see this come to a vote for next season.

Thanks,
CrazyRazor

I hate the punt block but I'm not going through every game log looking for them.

It could be as simple as asking anyone who falls victim to it to report it. At least have a discussion about it. Ya know?

4/12/2020 10:41 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:

Thanks,
CrazyRazor

It could be as simple as asking anyone who falls victim to it to report it. At least have a discussion about it. Ya know?

And then what? Start booting people. I already don't have the time or the will to do the blog and power rankings and now you want me to police this? Maybe it's time someone else ran this league because my satisfaction with MFN is already at an all time low, mainly because every league I'm in where people actually post on the message board, there are posts about punt blocking.

I am against the punt block exploit, but what happens when/if that goes away? My guess is we'll try to get FL Hitch outlawed next. There is always something to ***** about around here and it's wearing me thin because at the end of the day, THIS IS JUST A GAME!

4/12/2020 11:57 am
Have we not seen these "discussions" in other leagues? Have any of these "discussions" accomplished anything? I mean besides pissing people off and making them feel like a jerk.

Even if we rely on self policing, I still have extra work coming up with sanctions and implementing them. Even if losing one's team is 3rd or 4th violation stuff, I don't want to go down that road.

Please don't think this has anything to do with recently losing my mother. I was losing interest in MFN when she was still alive mainly because of these types of "discussions". They all start and end the same way. You'll have 2 sides, in this case the "it's part of the game" and "it's cheating". Whichever side the poster is on, they will vigorously defend their position in attempt to "correct" the thinking of the other side. Those on that "other side" think they are correct and fire back, attempting to "correct" the OP's thinking.

This devolves into personal attacks, hurt feelings and open teams. Oh, and neither side has succeeded in converting anyone. Then when the dust settles, I have to recruit those open teams and wait for the next "discussion". No thanks.

Anyone willing can take my job and handle this different if you wish, just say the word. I rdgaf anymore.