The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1987 All Pro/Hall of Fame Discussion

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/28/2020 10:15 am
I'm working on the ballot as we speak, already have the names ready to go, except rookies. I had planned on doing this during the playoffs, but some owners use the down time to decompress and step away...I know I did.

Hall of Fame will be a couple days away, still figuring some things out in that regard. Last year's HOF ballot was too big and several people seemed to not take the voting all that seriously. We had discussed having a preliminary ballot to whittle the list down to 10-12, but that's just another survey.

I'm considering having just 1 survey with 15-20 names, and using stricter guidelines on whom to include. The high vote getters from the last ballot will be on, the rest I still have to look at.

Re: 1987 All Pro/Hall of Fame Discussion

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/28/2020 10:26 am
The survey we use for ballots only allows 10 free questions, so the commish has always named the All Pro punter and kicker.

1987 All Pro Kicker Roger Ruzich Oklahoma

Ruzich made 39/40 FG attempts with his only miss coming from 50+. He narrowly beat out Oakland's John Hensley, who made 46 FG's in 49 attempts. Ruzich also averaged 4 more yards per kickoff than Hensley.

1987 All Pro Punter Glenn Cannon Oakland

Cannon led the league in gross AVG and net AVG per punt at 48.8/45.6 respectively. He also landed 41 of 95 inside 20. Henry Vogt of New Orleans was second thanks to 55 inside the 20 out of 104 punts. Vogt lacked the yardage of Cannon, averaging 46.7/44.2.