The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

14 playoff teams/17 game weeks?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/25/2020 9:17 pm
Right now it's still in the "IF" stage, but if the NFL adopts this with the new CBA, JDB has said MFN will follow suit. If this actually does happen, I would like to lower our injury rate to help compensate. If anyone would like to discuss this, or other possible options, feel free.

My main concern is an extra game week with no BYE, plus only one team per conference gets a playoff BYE, so we'll need more depth or some other way to alleviate roster stress. I can't control roster size, but if you feel that's an option then we can ask JDB in this post https://xfl.myfootballnow.com/community/1/6313?page=1#38656.

I can control injury rate but I'd like to have input on how much to turn it down.

Personally, I say screw what the NFL does, I like the current set up fine. Unless many others feel the same though, these changes will be coming soon after the CBA gets signed.

Re: 14 playoff teams/17 game weeks?

By Cjfred68
2/25/2020 10:10 pm
I dont see the rush to adapt the schedule when we lack bye weeks or the increased roster the new CBA most certainly will contain as well.

It should be an option for league admins but a uniform change is wrong but I guess that would be too much work.

I will lower my injury rate in my leagues to compensate probaly to 75% unless he adds byes or roster expansion.

Re: 14 playoff teams/17 game weeks?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/25/2020 10:13 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
I dont see the rush to adapt the schedule when we lack bye weeks or the increased roster the new CBA most certainly will contain as well.

It should be an option for league admins but a uniform change is wrong but I guess that would be too much work.

I will lower my injury rate in my leagues to compensate probaly to 75% unless he adds byes or roster expansion.

I agree, especially about tying the lower injury rate to whether or not other remedies become available.