The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 USFL/WFL All Pro Team

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/09/2020 6:32 am
Offensive MVP Tony Dean QB Houston
Defensive MVP Thomas Welker FS Honolulu
Offensive Rookie of the Year Mark Howe WR Cleveland
Defensive Rookie of the Year Emmett Simmons SS Tampa Bay
Coach of the Year Infinity on Trial

Offensive All Pro Team

QB Tony Dean Houston
RB Cory Martin Washington, Clint Young Oklahoma
WR Willie Howland Memphis, Eric Duncan Arizona
TE Mario Burton Birmingham
OL Andre Ochs Chicago, John Coltrane San Antonio, Clarence Clemons San Antonio, Andrew Manning Chicago, Lloyd England Denver

Special Teams

KR Leroy Jenkins Oklahoma
K John Bazile Washington
P Glenn Cannon Oakland

Defensive All Pro Team

DL Robert Cosby Washington, Fred Hall Washington, John Broussard Washington, Joseph Taylor Los Angeles
LB Emmett Pennington Detroit, Thomas Allums Charlotte, Stephen Ray Vaughan San Antonio, Fred Leeper Pittsburgh
DB Thomas Welker Honolulu, Eugene Holland Florida, (3 way tie) Antonio Tinsley Memphis, Jeffrey Danko Oklahoma, Allen Buchanan Washington
Last edited at 1/09/2020 7:00 am

1/09/2020 6:42 am
We had 29 votes for All Pro, though not everyone completely filled out question 10 so the following vote totals won't = 29.

Offensive MVP

Dean 9, Howland 6, C. Martin 2, T. Horton 2, Gero 1, C. Young 1

Defensive MVP

Welker 8, Tinsley 7, Cosby 2, Lawhon 2, Pennington 1, Broussard 1

Offensive ROY

Howe 8, Parker 7, England 6, Peterson 2, Forester 1

Defensive ROY

Simmons 7, Cosby 6, M. Smith 5, Taylor 4, Heard 1, M. Hardin 1

Coach of the Year

Infinity on Trial 17, CrazyRazor 2, Raidergreg69 2, CoachNorm 1

Last edited at 1/09/2020 6:58 am

1/09/2020 6:46 am

1/09/2020 6:49 am

1/09/2020 6:57 am
The only "other" vote was a write in vote for Cosby as a LB (I've been typing it Crosby, my bad, even with glasses my eyes ****). The reason Cosby was on the DE ballot and not the LB ballot is his stats. He had more sacks than passes thrown his way so I listed him as a DE. In MFN it's not unusual for DL to have a few passes thrown their way.

It's the same reason I list WR's at RB on the ballot. I don't care if a player is shown as a LT, if he rushes for 1,000+ yards, he's going on the ballot as a RB.

1/09/2020 7:09 am
The kicker choice was easy, as John Bazile made 10 more FG's than anyone else, going 47/50.

The punter choice was difficult. The punters with the highest average per kick mostly had low net yards and low inside 20 ratio. The ones with the most Inside 20 did it with an abundance of opportunities and mostly middle of the pack averages.

Glenn Cannon was only 9th in average per kick (just 1.0 yards behind though) but 2nd in Net avg and 3rd with 59 punts inside the 20.