The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1986 All Pro Nominees

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/31/2019 10:20 pm
I have selected the 8 offensive and defensive rookie of the year candidates, though I'm not ready to announce them yet. I'll do that after I create the survey. To do that, I still have to sort through the OL and defensive players. That won't take too long using the sortable stats.

I will most likely have this done Thursday, for sure before work Friday and keep the survey open through the preseason games, with the unveiling prior to Week 1.

1/02/2020 8:59 pm
Building the survey now as I'm done with game planning for the night. The finish line is in sight, finally.

1/02/2020 9:59 pm
Hellbringer wrote:
RB Dory 1272 yds 3 TDs 58 receptions
LG Blue 655 pass blocks 1 sack allowed

Sacks are down across the league so sacks allowed isn't what it used to be. I'm trying to figure out the OL nominees now, and I'm looking through this thread to look for names.

Looking at the stats, the number of OL who have 600+ pass blocks and 1 or less sacks allowed is 31. I am also factoring in run blocking and to a lesser degree, penalties.

I'm basically looking for OL who have given up 2 sacks or less PLUS <5% tackle allowed, plus few penalties. If a player has 0 sacks, he'll get more leeway on tackle allowed while an OL with a great tackle allowed percentage gets leeway on sacks. Penalties is more like a tiebreaker.

No matter how my OL list ends up shaking out, there will be several deserving players left off the ballot. There are simply too many good ones across the league.

1/03/2020 8:22 am
I fell asleep last night wanting to take a 4-5 hour nap, but ended up sleeping longer so I wasn't able to finish the survey. Now I'll be up all day before working all night. I will finish this today before 6:00, other than the survey I don't have much to do the next 9.5 hours.

1/03/2020 10:20 am
The survey is finished. Now I have to create a page here in the forums listing the candidates for Rookie of the Year and Coach of the Year and we'll be ready to vote.