The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Houston Gamblers and Memphis Showboats

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/21/2019 2:24 pm
Houston Gamblers sends:
Mark Lambert (RB)
1989 Round 7

Memphis Showboats sends:
1987 Round 1 Selection 32 (Memphis)
1987 Round 1 Selection 25 (Michigan)
1987 Round 3 Selection 9 (Tampa Bay)
1987 Round 2 Selection 16 (Pittsburgh)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Houston Gamblers and Memphis Showboats

By Infinity on Trial
12/21/2019 2:26 pm
Maybe now I can get my offense going.

By Cjfred68
12/21/2019 6:59 pm
After falling short last season following back to back Championships. Houston traded Probowl running back Mark Lambert to division rival Memphis for 4 draft picks.

Houston decided to gamble on improving the team by acquiring 2 1st rounders, a 2nd and a 3rd from Memphis which gives them 7 picks in the first 88 selections.

There is no denying Lambert's talent but ownership became frustrated with his injury problems after he missed 17 starts in the past 3 seasons including the entire postseason 3 years ago when they won the title. They had already proved they could win it all without him and the added picks will help replenish a depleted roster.
Last edited at 12/21/2019 7:09 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/22/2019 4:54 am
I'll be interested to see how Lambert performs in the 2 or 3 games against Houston next season, provided he's healthy.

By vcr5150
12/23/2019 1:24 am
Lambert is an elite talent - but that's a LOT to give for a 5th year RB with injury issues. it will be a fun trade to revisit after the season.

By Cjfred68
12/23/2019 3:22 am
I'm thinking Memphis benefits in the shortterm while it helps me longterm.

Memphis definately should be odds on favorites to repeat but I have no problem playing the long game

By Mcarovil
12/23/2019 8:49 am
Face value it looks like a whole lot for a RB but two late round 1sts depending on the draft class can be a **** shoot. No doubt both teams got what they were looking for.

By Infinity on Trial
12/23/2019 10:23 am
I have a little bit of heartburn because it looks like this is a pretty deep draft class. In related news, I have plenty of future picks to trade if anyone's looking to unload picks in this year's draft.

My thinking on the RB is I can ride him to championships for four years, then move him to FB and let him bang in XPs for a few more seasons. For perspective, I have him rated at 94, and the donut mogul at 74.

By AlexanDragon
12/23/2019 8:03 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I have a little bit of heartburn because it looks like this is a pretty deep draft class. In related news, I have plenty of future picks to trade if anyone's looking to unload picks in this year's draft.

My thinking on the RB is I can ride him to championships for four years, then move him to FB and let him bang in XPs for a few more seasons. For perspective, I have him rated at 94, and the donut mogul at 74.

Looks as I signed too many jersey filler. Got some picks we can work something out later or tomorrow.

By Infinity on Trial
12/23/2019 9:04 pm
Always eager to entertain offers, but most interested in adding picks in this year's draft. Or a TE. Or DBs. Or ...