The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Do we want a sim delay over Christmas?

I'm considering delaying our sim a day or 2 for Christmas.

Yes, delay Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Yes, delay Christmas Day
No delay

Re: Do we want a sim delay over Christmas?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/16/2019 8:28 am
I was thinking people might want to delay the sim over Christmas, so I'm asking opinions. We're scheduled to start our draft December 26th, which means we'd be doing draft prep on Christmas Day. Free agency would be going during Christmas Eve.

Our sim runs between midnight and 1 am East Coast time.

Delaying on Christmas Day means the sim that runs at 12:49am on December 26th would be pushed back one day. This is so you don't have to think about USFL on Christmas Day, and can resume football stuff on the 26th after the family goes home.

If we delayed Christmas Eve and Christmas day, we would have a sim run at 12:49 am on Christmas Eve, then have our next sim run 12:49 am on the 27th, giving us 2 days off from USFL.

By CoachNorm
12/16/2019 3:03 pm
Since it is only late free agency during Christmas I voted no, any other time I would've voted yes.

12/16/2019 3:11 pm
CoachNorm wrote:
Since it is only late free agency during Christmas I voted no, any other time I would've voted yes.

Actually it's early free agency. Late free agency is currently slated for New Years.

By Smirt211
12/17/2019 5:50 am
This was a tough call because FA #1 fell out of bounds from worry. I'd say Delay FA #3 to 12/26.

FA #1 is the hard set-up and FA #2 can be done as more of a canvassing on the night of the 23rd or day of the 24th.....

Ah, ****, delaying both Christmas Eve and Christmas is probably the way to go...

By CoachNorm
12/17/2019 12:59 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
CoachNorm wrote:

Actually it's early free agency. Late free agency is currently slated for New Years.

Hmm, my eyes mustve been playing tricks on me. -1 from the "No delay" vote.

By AlexanDragon
12/17/2019 4:47 pm
Not to be rude but I couldn't care less about this game on holiday family parties... I don't wanna be that guy in Christmas parties that spend his night on his **** phone. Delay for 24-25-26-31-1
Last edited at 12/17/2019 4:47 pm

12/17/2019 7:41 pm
CoachNorm wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
CoachNorm wrote:

Hmm, my eyes mustve been playing tricks on me. -1 from the "No delay" vote.

Taking that vote away from no delay means we have a 13-1 vote in favor of a delay. CoachNorm didn't specify how long, but it's a moot point. Of the 12 votes to specify length of break, it's 9-3 in favor of a 2 day break so that's what we'll go with.

New Years break or not break will be decided later.