The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2 point Conversion Happening More Often

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/08/2019 8:25 pm
I am doing the Week 14 blog right now and I noticed Memphis going for 2 points in the first half again. Smirt has been doing this with his teams as well.

I have also noticed some main board discussion complaining about these tactics. I haven't chimed in over there, but for our purposes I need to say something about this since it's happening more.

Find a way to stop it!

It probably requires a rule to stop it, I have it built into my rules. Basically anytime someone goes for 2 against me, I'll at least have a real defense to combat it. In the drop down menu for downs, make sure to include extra point as an option.

If anyone wants to complain about it here, feel free but I'm not going to do anything about it. Even if I wanted to, what could I actually do??? The most I could do is ask people not to do it, and it would be an honor system, meaning they can do it anyway.

In the NFL, I would love to see someone go for 2 every time, I think they will get a few more points in the long run. If XP's were hit at a 100% rate, you need to hit 50% of 2 point tries to break even over 100 TD's. With the longer extra points, that percentage is probably in the 93-95% range, meaning a 50% success rate on conversions would net more points.

Re: 2 point Conversion Happening More Often

By Infinity on Trial
12/08/2019 10:02 pm
I installed this rule, which I call "smirt special," after scouting him and giving up conversions in a couple of games.

I'll give you a hint on how to stop it: Don't use goal line defenses.

By AlexanDragon
12/09/2019 5:53 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
I installed this rule, which I call "smirt special," after scouting him and giving up conversions in a couple of games.

I'll give you a hint on how to stop it: Don't use goal line defenses.

Thanks for the hint!
Last edited at 12/09/2019 5:54 pm

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/10/2019 4:02 am
I read somewhere a long time ago not to use goal line defense against goal line offense, it was probably Setherick. Something about those defenses leave someone uncovered, so I use my normal set.

By Infinity on Trial
12/10/2019 7:04 pm
There are very few GL defenses that cover all five of the eligible receivers, which makes them a severe liability against the trendy GL passes. They seem to be poorly designed for run or pass, and require significant overrides for favorable matchups.

By Hellbringer
12/11/2019 8:41 am
I tried this out with a rule. The rule shows 4 pass plays. Yet on my last game, a run play was called for the 2 pt try. What am I missing?