The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Please welcome USFLCommish as the new owner of Georgia!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/08/2019 6:18 am
USFLCommish has just joined the league as the owner of Georgia. Best of luck with your team!

Re: Please welcome USFLCommish as the new owner of Georgia!

12/08/2019 6:21 am
It's me, raidergreg69. I created this account so the AI doesn't do a number on the roster/cap.

12/08/2019 3:34 pm
My transactions/actions for this sim:

*Signing 1 assistant coach on the last year of his contract

*Looked at pending free agents, all are either old or mediocre and I see why Lucky didn't extend them. Doing nothing.

*Due to injuries, he only had 45 active players. I activated a probable RT to give him 46 active players. No other depth chart changes were made.

*Checked his play selection, only used 28 offensive plays and 15 defense. Thought about adding more plays, but decided it's probably best to just leave it alone.

*I forgot to scout the opponent, will log back in and do that. No other game planning will be done on my part, not changing the matrix nor adding any rules.

I think that covers everything.

By AlexanDragon
12/08/2019 8:59 pm
Doesn't the gameplan resets when an owner leave ?

12/08/2019 9:00 pm
The matrix stays as he left it but any rules he may have had disappear.

By USFLCommish
12/08/2019 11:57 pm
I went back and checked his play usage for all 14 games. Like I said earlier, there are 28 offensive plays selected, and upon further review, he had a total of 36 different plays used over the course of the season.

Defensively, the 15 selected plays have been the only ones used.

Looking at the matrix/sliders, I can tell they were manually set at some point.

By Smirt211
12/09/2019 6:05 am
....and at some point he stream-lined to for example 1 play against the 2-1-2 set as means of taking on no risk while streaming one play purported to be a world-beater which makes my blood boil. lol

Here's the thing, he'll be that guy who hits the main board down the line with all his %s listed and titles won in great detail for us to bow down to. That's why since he has been chirping on my 2-Pointers I felt the need to shed light on this side of it. :)

By setherick
12/09/2019 8:01 am
Smirt211 wrote:
....and at some point he stream-lined to for example 1 play against the 2-1-2 set as means of taking on no risk while streaming one play purported to be a world-beater which makes my blood boil. lol

Here's the thing, he'll be that guy who hits the main board down the line with all his %s listed and titles won in great detail for us to bow down to. That's why since he has been chirping on my 2-Pointers I felt the need to shed light on this side of it. :)

I think you're protesting too much bro. You're the one that goes around complaining about how many LCs you've lost.

Anyway, I took a look at the last NY - Georgia game, and both teams used the same variation of defense plays at about the same frequency. Georgia used a ZF and Cover 1 normal base defense, varying the plays for distance (smart!) and pulling in the Double WR2 against the 311 (also smart!) instead of getting stuck running a GL against the exploit PA Flats.

NY made a number of questionable streaming defensive calls like calling the Dime Flat Cover 2 exclusively against the 221. This is standard game plan for this particular owner as I and other owners have observed. (And we won't talk about running the automatic 3 yard FB Dive out of the 230 for 2 point conversions since that's already been talked about.)

From a defensive standpoint, Georgia had the right game plan for this game or, really, any game. If he would have cranked up his 113 and 221 runs for that game, I bet that he would have run away with it.