League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Game of the Week 7

By Booger926
8/12/2017 12:26 pm

It's a National Conference East matchup as the 5-0-1 Boston Breakers travel 280 miles south to take on the 2-4 New Jersey Generals. The Breakers will play their final divisional game of the season, and if they were to be successful against the Generals, they would be undefeated within the division and have a 3 game lead over everyone and pretty much able to stake claim to their First Championship.

The Generals, owned by their Punter Donald Trump are going to this game a band of walking wounded, having 7 players injured and questionable to play. Since losing their starting QB Doug Fluty who was taken in the first round of this year's draft, in the third game of the season, Jersey has been on a 1 game winning streak. But having 4 Quarterbacks on the roster is a blessing. When Fluty went down, their waiver wire pickup of QB Stephan Labelle stepped up.

During his time to shine, Labelle threw games for 223, 244, and 379 yards for a total of 846 yards. LaBelle is 62 for 115 (56.6%) and threw 6 TD against 1 INT during that time. His overall QB rating is 89.79.

Boston also has been rotating their Quarterbacks. The battle between the two almost seems to not be a battle at all since Jonathan Keefe is sporting a 122.72 QB rating against Roger Boyer's 96.69 rating. Keefe is 48/86 for 830 yards and 10TD/1INT. His 9.65 yards/att is one of the best in the league.

Defensively Boston has seven players with a sack and 5 players with an INT. Their RB Nicholas Wingfield is a triple threat, having scored 7 times on the ground, thru the air, and on special teams.

New Jersey has 9 players with a sack, led by players DT Jim Byrne and LDE Freddie Gilbert who have 8 a piece. Their CB Mike Williams is 3rd in the league in Interceptions.

Re: Game of the Week 7

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/12/2017 3:15 pm
On a side note, this is our first meeting, we play each other again late in the season, week 16 I believe. You're fired! (jk, Trump reference)

Re: Game of the Week 7

By Booger926
8/12/2017 3:28 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
On a side note, this is our first meeting, we play each other again late in the season, week 16 I believe. You're fired! (jk, Trump reference)

Not exactly a "love connection" here but I can always change my report to something like ''Generals face Grunts." History has already shown how that turned out.