The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1986 Hall of Fame Ballot Link

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/04/2019 1:59 am
I am planning on creating a list of candidates with links to their player pages, so if you would like to wait for that before you vote, that's fine. If you would like to vote now, go here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CVT6JPG. As always, vote for as many as you want.

The survey will be open at least a week.

Re: 1986 Hall of Fame Ballot Link

11/04/2019 3:46 am
Quarterbacks

Daniel McKee
Chester Dougherty
Tony Smith
Mario Valencia

RB/WR/KR

Curtis Scott
Jerry Roux
James Connelly

Running Backs

John Murray
Joseph Ring
James Haigh
Jose Medina (also a TE)

Offensive Line

Charles Bukowski
James Smith
Kenneth Kurtz

Wide Receivers

Marshall Gibson
Gerard Hall
Robert Zapata
Cory Robinzine
Albert Smith

Tight Ends

Leroy Selmon

Punter

Sam Savage

Kicker

Tommie Prather

Defensive Lineman

James Tolentino
Elton Engler
Joe Braatz

Linebackers

John Cintron
James Kelley
Jeff Melton
Anthony Munoz

Defensive Backs

Kerry Justin
Albert Welsh
Bradley Martinez
Mike Williams
Carlos Turner
Brent Sylvain
John Basel
John Borkowski
James Jones

11/04/2019 3:50 am
Here is a link to the bios of the holdover candidates written by Tribewriter https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/p/1986-hall-of-fame-ballot.html. I'll try to add bios for the new candidates by Wednesday afternoon. Feel free to wait on voting if you want to read all the bios, I'll keep the survey open as long as it takes.

By tribewriter
11/04/2019 8:50 am
I still find Jacksonville's decision to let QB Mario Valencia walk away after the league's second season to be one of the most curious, if not the most curious, transaction in USFL history.

Valencia went on to win two World Bowls with Detroit and another with Houston and set every passing record known to man. The Bulls instead kept Ty Fleming as their starting QB. Then, following the next season, they let Fleming walk away and sign with New Orleans. He spent the rest of his career as a backup.

The former Jacksonville owner, KEVINU25, is no longer in MFN.

By AlexanDragon
11/04/2019 8:14 pm
tribewriter wrote:
I still find Jacksonville's decision to let QB Mario Valencia walk away after the league's second season to be one of the most curious, if not the most curious, transaction in USFL history.

Valencia went on to win two World Bowls with Detroit and another with Houston and set every passing record known to man. The Bulls instead kept Ty Fleming as their starting QB. Then, following the next season, they let Fleming walk away and sign with New Orleans. He spent the rest of his career as a backup.

The former Jacksonville owner, KEVINU25, is no longer in MFN.

It's not curious, it's just someone who did not care :/

By jabillups85
11/07/2019 6:42 pm
Voted!

11/07/2019 6:57 pm
I'm still planning on writing bios for the nominees but I need a couple of hours free when I've had sufficient sleep to deal with it, and that's been hard to come by lately. Tonight would be a good night, as I'm free but there is some football game on TV tonight that involves my favorite team. I'll be writing the Week 1 blog during commercials/huddles.