The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1985 Draft preview

By hectorg93
8/12/2019 11:45 pm
We are just hours away from the 1985 draft and just like last year it looks like it will be another great draft, with both starters and servicible backups across all position. I just finished making my draft board and I counted 106 draftable players, which is around the same amount I remember having last year. In this short preview I will break down a couple of information from my draft board but not my whole game plan for it.

In the first round I have graded 13 players as sure fire first round players that I hope at last one will slide down all the way down to me at the 25th pick. Speaking about picks the first pick that will kickoff this years draft will be bredgerly of the Oakland Invaders and hours before the pick will be made official, league sources have confirmed that they will take MLB Victor Thomas out of Cal. Thomas looks like he will make an immediate impact on the rebuilding Invader's defense and be their defensive quarterback. With Thomas coming in, the Invaders hope it will help improve two other rising stars on that defense in CB Ralph Hooks and SS Gary Nelson. Thomas is actually the number 6 player on my big board, the first 7 looking they can be hall of famers regardless of what team drafts them. The number 1 player on my big board is actually a big player, literally in C David Caldwell out Alcorn State. While picking an offensive linemen is never an exciting or sexy pick, if you know the number one rule in football is that you win in the trenches then you know you can definantly win alot of battles with Caldwell.

Lastly I will leave you some tidbits that I found while looking over my big board. First I will breakdown how many out of the 106 players that I believe are draftable would go round by round. Already mentioned was the 1st round which I believe has 13 players with 1st round grades, 2nd has 12 players, both the 3rd and 4th rounds have 22 players each , 5th has 10, 6th has 11 and finally the 7th round has 16 players. Second the postion that I believe has the most draftable player are the WRs with 20 players I believe should hear thier named called in the 3 day process and 2 who should hear their name in the first day. The final part of my preview I will leave you guys with is the all important QB position. In this class I have counted 8 QBs that have the desirable ratings to have a look at, some could be starters, other can be projects/back ups and some could even be a Rodgers hail mary throw that will hopefully count as a touchdown like the many he has thrown or it can be another fail mary like that night in Seattle.

With that being said good luck to everyone tomorrow and throughout the three days, I hope to chat with some of you guys tommorow on the messenger.
Last edited at 8/14/2019 1:44 pm

By tribewriter
8/13/2019 5:37 am
Thanks for doing this, hectorg. Love it when our coaches provide content and entertainment.

By hectorg93
8/13/2019 10:57 am
Thanks Tribe there have been a lot of different things that I have been wanting write about but at that time I'm stacked with work so I gave myself some time on this one. Hoping to produce these every draft from now on.