The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

USFL Coaches—Big News

By tribewriter
7/25/2019 7:48 am
For the third time in recent seasons, a successful USFL coach has left an established team to take on a rebuild project.

Detroit Wheels coach eyeballll will be at the helm of the Florida Blazers next season. Detroit has never finished with a losing record in his 11 seasons, and is preparing for its 10th playoff appearance. His overall record is 133-39, with back-to-back championships in World Bowls III and IV.

Previously, OffensiveTaco left the Houston Gamblers to take over the Southern California Sun and greyghost1225 left the New Orleans VooDoo to take over the Georgia Force.

Today the USFL begins a search for new coaches in Detroit and Memphis. Please let your friends in other leagues know of these openings.

Re: USFL Coaches—Big News

By hectorg93
7/25/2019 12:28 pm
Welcome to the Southeast division eyeball, looking forward to matching up with you twice a year.

By eyeballll
7/25/2019 12:46 pm
Thanks Hector, I'm looking forward to it! I love a good project, this will be fun...

By jabillups85
7/25/2019 9:32 pm
Yes!!!!!!!! Out of my division. lol

By tribewriter
7/29/2019 10:20 am
I have posted this in the league matchmaking forum, bumped it once, and sent out about a dozen personal PMs. So far, I have had zero responses.

For many reasons, the number of active users in MFN appears to be shrinking and those who are active are overloaded with teams. In 1985, for the first time, we may enter a season with coaching vacancies. The USFL is a great league, but I am afraid this may be the new norm for all user-created leagues.

By greyghost1225
7/29/2019 11:47 am
tribewriter wrote:
I have posted this in the league matchmaking forum, bumped it once, and sent out about a dozen personal PMs. So far, I have had zero responses.

For many reasons, the number of active users in MFN appears to be shrinking and those who are active are overloaded with teams. In 1985, for the first time, we may enter a season with coaching vacancies. The USFL is a great league, but I am afraid this may be the new norm for all user-created leagues.

Yes it does seem to be headed in a slower direction. I have cut my leagues way back and only choose to participate in the ones that have active LA's. I like the leagues that are more like events rather than lets see how many seasons we can squeeze in and how quickly can we do it. .