The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Week 6 Discussion

By tribewriter
7/05/2019 7:30 am
* The Denver Gold is now the only undefeated team after the Memphis Showboats fell 34-23 to the Los Angeles Express.
* The Houston Gamblers pulled into a first place tie with Memphis in the Southwest Division after beating the Oklahoma Outlaws, 34-9. Houston's win was pretty typical of 34-9 wins and pretty typical of results for 5-1 teams against 2+4 teams. Gamblers RB Mark Lambert did have an atypical receiving day with 214 yards on mine catches.
* The Detroit Wheels forced a three way tie in the Midwest Division by shutting out the Chicago Blitz, 27-0.
* The Georgia Force (3-3) have won as many games as in the last two seasons put together. The Force intercepted three passes during a 28-3 win over the Arizona Wranglers.
* The South Division has suddenly become very interesting. Birmingham's 17-3 win over New Orleans drew the Stallions even with the VooDoo at 4-2, while Georgia and Shreveport are both a game back at 3-3.
*Denver WLB Robert Givens forced two fumbles, recovered one, and intercepted a pass for during a 70-7 destruction of the Oakland Invaders. Dustin Nichols fired five TD passes.
* Jacksonville CB Robert Woods made seven tackles, forced a fumble, and intercepted a pass during a 9-6 OT win over the Southern California Sun. The Bulls have a three game lead after six games.
Last edited at 7/05/2019 4:28 pm

By Hellbringer
7/05/2019 8:05 am
GG Boston. I just hit the recommended game plan button. I'm done with 4.5

By trslick
7/05/2019 10:24 am
GG San Jose

By Cjfred68
7/05/2019 1:16 pm
YES! The Houston Gamblers have arrived!

With my only lose to the only undefeated team by 1 point. I'm pretty satisfied with the direction of my team. I have 3 weeks to fine tune my playcalling before my 1st of 2 games against Memphis which should decide our division.

#keepingup

By hectorg93
7/05/2019 6:39 pm
GG sun i was scared watching the game as i wasnt able to gameplan as I usually do luckily my defense was able to bail me out

By pdoug20
7/07/2019 2:19 pm
Hellbringer wrote:
GG Boston. I just hit the recommended game plan button. I'm done with 4.5

Thanks... I’m just trying to get some consistency going so I can get out of the league cellar.