The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Names that you might take back !?

By Kababmaster
6/24/2019 6:15 am
Okay, who is the smart **** that put Steve Jobs on the FA market....that is just...WRONG ! :)

Re: Names that you might take back !?

By Duval
6/24/2019 8:32 am
Kababmaster wrote:
Okay, who is the smart **** that put Steve Jobs on the FA market....that is just...WRONG ! :)

I didn't see it, but that is funny.

By tribewriter
6/24/2019 9:21 am
New Jersey's players have found out that their coach's affections are very fleeting. He spends good money/credits on naming them, then later kicks them to the curb as if they were "John Smith" or some other nondescript AI-generated player.

He has already cut Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Doug Fluty, and Herschel Walker.

Not to mention Gene Simmons, Dwight Clark, Darrell Waltrip, Snake Plissken, Walter Cronkite, Mike Eruzione, Ronald Reagan, Boss Hogg, Roger Daltrey, Kevin Youkilis (The Greek God of Walks), Les Nessman, John Cena, Antoine Winfield, Fred Savage, and Tiger Woods ... not to mention all the guys who gave up and retired.

By tribewriter
6/24/2019 9:23 am
By the way, former New Jersey draftee Dave (Turnstile) Lapham is still on the Oklahoma Outlaws roster, preparing for his 11th pro season. He has made a nice living for being the worst pass protection offensive lineman in USFL history.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/24/2019 11:41 am
Steve Jobs was a decent WR for us but he was always 5th or lower on the depth chart. This was the last year of Jobs contract and I wasn't going to renew it and he became expendable with the emergence of Dokie Williams.

And yes, I did cut our owner/punter Donald Trump. He wanted to go anyway, said he was getting into politics or some such ****.

By Kababmaster
6/24/2019 12:15 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Steve Jobs was a decent WR for us but he was always 5th or lower on the depth chart. This was the last year of Jobs contract and I wasn't going to renew it and he became expendable with the emergence of Dokie Williams.

And yes, I did cut our owner/punter Donald Trump. He wanted to go anyway, said he was getting into politics or some such ****.

Each to their own, I might invest in naming a few rookies after Gipp & Rockne....just to see how they travel :)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/24/2019 12:19 pm
It's to help me remember who I drafted, as I have way too many teams. When I first started playing, I couldn't keep track of who was on what team since the default names are very similar across leagues. Had like 3 guys named Orellana on 3 different teams.

The money spent isn't much, 200 credits cover a lot of drafts and it's fun coming up with names.

By Kababmaster
6/24/2019 1:06 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
It's to help me remember who I drafted, as I have way too many teams. When I first started playing, I couldn't keep track of who was on what team since the default names are very similar across leagues. Had like 3 guys named Orellana on 3 different teams.

The money spent isn't much, 200 credits cover a lot of drafts and it's fun coming up with names.

I have a few star wars games in my PS4 store to download for further enjoyment....I'm just waiting on my pension payment to come in at the end of the month :)