The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Blog Post, June 9: 1984 Offseason Roundup

By tribewriter
6/09/2019 2:33 pm
A look back at free agency and the top of the draft, including what may be the richest contract offer ever for a free agent offensive lineman.
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/

Re: New Blog Post, June 9: 1984 Offseason Roundup

By Mcarovil
6/09/2019 7:11 pm
We have been floating around in QB purgatory for the past 3-4 seasons. We gave up on signing other team’s leftovers and have made the commitment to the QB position like we have never before. Hoping this will get us back to the dance!!

By Duval
6/11/2019 12:03 pm
Baltimore with three players on this list, not to bad.

RT Nash I believe was my very first draft pick in this league and one of my first overall in MFN. He signed a contract last season hopefully keeping him here for the rest of his career.

WR Darden, I recall the front office being hesitant to select a WR with below 90 speed in the top 10 let alone the top 3. He was impressive in interviews and after a long drinking session with the fellas, owner Duval pulled the trigger and Baltimore has never looked back.

DT Wooden rode the luck train all the way to FA so no comment.

By greyghost1225
6/11/2019 12:57 pm
I can speak somewhat for the Voodoo and the players that they have. The system that was set up can work for an owner that is paying attention. The team can obviously win and I believe if not for the Generals would have went to the championship the past two seasons, with that out of the way. The players that are high salaried were temporary moves to fill in needed spots with the idea of signing them to lesser contracts after their first season, if not at retirement age. In the case of the older players they were moves to fill roles until replacements could be brought in. Since I am in the same division that is about all the assistance I can provide. The New Orleans owner can pm me if any questions about my thoughts with the current status of the team and I will be happy to provide the backstory.

By AlexanDragon
6/11/2019 5:17 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
I can speak somewhat for the Voodoo and the players that they have. The system that was set up can work for an owner that is paying attention. The team can obviously win and I believe if not for the Generals would have went to the championship the past two seasons, with that out of the way. The players that are high salaried were temporary moves to fill in needed spots with the idea of signing them to lesser contracts after their first season, if not at retirement age. In the case of the older players they were moves to fill roles until replacements could be brought in. Since I am in the same division that is about all the assistance I can provide. The New Orleans owner can pm me if any questions about my thoughts with the current status of the team and I will be happy to provide the backstory.

But you should take it easy this year on the wins :) considering you know who has a certain pick of yours x)

By greyghost1225
6/11/2019 5:51 pm
Lol, i will give a little insight inside the front office before the off season team post tonight. We are shooting for 3 wins, which would be the total the franchise has won the past 2 seasons, but would love to finish 8-8. This will most likely give the team holding that pick between #2 and #20, obviously the organization would like to get as close to #32 as possible.