The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Blog Post, April 13: 1983 Season Preview

By tribewriter
4/13/2019 6:57 am
With the Houston Gamblers awaiting new ownership, the door is now open for many, many teams to realistically talk about winning World Bowl X. There are also many interesting races in individual statistics as some of the league's greatest players face impending retirement. Read all about it here:
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/

Re: New Blog Post, April 13: 1983 Season Preview

By Pernbronze
4/13/2019 7:50 am
I'll hope Heckman can pull it off but he's burried as a pass catcher on a team that didn't pass for many TDs last season, Paulk is promising though.

By Chandyo
4/13/2019 11:00 am
No one has to worry about the New York Stars, we will probably finish 8-8 again this season haha!

By tribewriter
4/13/2019 12:05 pm
If SoCal goes 8-8, or even 6-10, you guys better vote me Coach of the Year. The franchise record for victories in a season is five.

By greyghost1225
4/13/2019 12:45 pm
tribewriter wrote:
If SoCal goes 8-8, or even 6-10, you guys better vote me Coach of the Year. The franchise record for victories in a season is five.

I didn’t win it last season, the award should be disbanded. :)

By Hellbringer
4/13/2019 2:25 pm
I'm looking at my schedule. It's going to be hard to repeat last years results

By tribewriter
4/13/2019 2:44 pm
Hellbringer wrote:

That is the downside of winning your division. The next season, you get a whole bunch of other division winners on your schedule.

Michigan's non-division schedule includes Honolulu, Portland, Houston, Memphis, Oklahoma, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay. And, of course, their in-division schedule includes six games against really tough teams.

By Pernbronze
4/13/2019 2:55 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:

That is the downside of winning your division. The next season, you get a whole bunch of other division winners on your schedule.

Michigan's non-division schedule includes Honolulu, Portland, Houston, Memphis, Oklahoma, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay. And, of course, their in-division schedule includes six games against really tough teams.

I just cover my eyes and try to win every game. After all if you want to win the championship you gotta beat the best consistently anyways. To me playing a hard schedule is a good thing because my game planning is more accurate without beatdown games skewing the stats.
Last edited at 4/13/2019 2:57 pm