The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1983 Draft

By Wolveraider
3/31/2019 1:38 pm
Can't remember seeing four RBs go in the top ten before, but hard to argue with their high ratings and low volatility.

Only two defensive players taken in the top ten, could be great players, RDE Carter and DT England (default ratings have them at 94 and 93) but their teams definitely rolled the dice with vols of 96 and 86 respectively.

Good pick at 9 with LT Leishman, good stats low vol and can pretty much play at any position on the line.

Can't argue with WR Lombardo at 8....could be a real threat receiving and/or running the ball.

Considering what the Storm gave up to get the tenth overall pick, I think TE Hicks is a steal.

Re: 1983 Draft

By Wolveraider
3/31/2019 1:43 pm
First round for the Stallions....so far, so meh.

I had MLB "Mean" Gene Gilbert pegged to be my first rounder (that's right I already had a nickname for him) only to see the Feds steal him right out from under my nose.

So went with my next pick RG Hankins......boooooring.

By AlexanDragon
3/31/2019 7:02 pm
I drafted chad kroeger and tim horton.

By PrivateSnowflake
4/01/2019 8:14 am
AlexanDragon wrote:

That is the most Canadian sentence I've ever read.

By AlexanDragon
4/01/2019 10:21 am
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
AlexanDragon wrote:

That is the most Canadian sentence I've ever read.

I'll try to best it. (True story tbh)

Dear psychiatrist, today i had one temper tantrum only, and i said sorry eh afterwards. The situation is a conversation i had with a friend of mine who lives in new york in which we talked about our beloved maple syrup. I kindly offered to bring them some to taste and they replied with utter stupidity saying that they already had real maple syrup in aunt jemimas.
So yes, i said some things not really nice like;
-your interpretation of maple syrup is false.
-i don't estimate your knowledge in the subject to be undoubtedly verified.
-your taste buds aren't trained well enough for such sweetery.
-i would have to respectfully disagree with your way you surestimate such sugar syrup that tastes like shoulder juice!.

Although it may seem extremely aggressive, i think you can understand the ultimate insult in which i have been confronted and rest assure that i have parted ways with those fake friends !

...i don't think i can be more canadian than that. Or i could give you another story in the most Quebecer way possible, but you wouldnt understand a word.

By Chandyo
4/01/2019 7:32 pm
Totally forgot the draft started on Friday. Sorry League.....