The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: New Orleans VooDoo and Michigan Panthers

By tribewriter
3/27/2019 11:08 am
New Orleans VooDoo sends:
1983 Round 3 Selection 30

Michigan Panthers sends:
Juan Jacobson (CB)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: New Orleans VooDoo and Michigan Panthers

By Pernbronze
3/27/2019 12:45 pm
A 3rd rounder for that? Gave up too much imo
Last edited at 3/27/2019 12:46 pm

By greyghost1225
3/27/2019 1:16 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
A 3rd rounder for that? Gave up too much imo

Yes, I hear that on almost every trade I make, but somehow I keep winning. It is simple if you want to go with the obsolete trade meter then he is +40. If you go by my personal weights then I am +30. Take your choice. Cornerbacks are premium priced and they cost much more in free agency than their actual value is.

By RoyceR
3/27/2019 3:23 pm
Better than I'll draft in the 3rd lol

By greyghost1225
3/27/2019 3:33 pm
RoyceR wrote:

lol, yes according to my rankings, there are only 2 corners better than him in the draft.

By tribewriter
3/27/2019 3:39 pm
RoyceR wrote:

RoyceR raises an interesting point for discussion. Here is my premise.

In half-empty public leagues and crummy user-created leagues, draft picks are worth more because SIM teams and noobs are drafting fullbacks and punters in the first round, which allows better players to drop deeper into the draft. In an active league full of veteran human owners, the bones are picked clean by the middle of the third round. So perhaps a draft pick from that point on isn't super valuable in the USFL/WFL.

That's part of the reason I advocated for turning off the trade meter. Those computations (broken to begin with) certainly don't reflect the makeup of a particular league.
Last edited at 3/27/2019 3:39 pm

By tribewriter
3/27/2019 3:39 pm
Same thing with free agency and coaches. Because we have (for the most part) 32 coaches paying attention and re-signing their guys, there generally isn't much out there of value. Most teams have a ton of cap money to spend because there doesn't seem to more than a handful of players each season worth spending it on.

By Hellbringer
3/27/2019 9:09 pm
Jacobson's stat line puts him at a #2 CB. Maybe better than some #1's out there.

By Pernbronze
3/28/2019 4:35 am
Even in this league I wouldn't be surprised if I drafted a DB that good in the 5th round. Idk needs must be addressed I guess. I'd just never trade for a player with under 80 man let alone under 60.

By greyghost1225
3/28/2019 9:32 am
Pernbronze wrote:
Even in this league I wouldn't be surprised if I drafted a DB that good in the 5th round. Idk needs must be addressed I guess. I'd just never trade for a player with under 80 man let alone under 60.

personal weight preference, you win games, I win games. I have been to the championship twice and almost a third this season. If you can draft a db that good in the 5th round this season, you should be able to walk over the competition, your drafting strategy is by far better than anyone else.