League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

American Conf. Week 2 Defensive POW bubble boys

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/03/2017 5:33 am
Despite all the offensive fireworks there were some pretty good individual defensive games in the AC this week. In the interest of keeping things simple for me so I can go watch my other games, I'm not bothering sorting out the best of the rest in order.

My choices will be revealed later today by our League Press Secretary tribewriter but those that didn't make the final 4 include the following:

Michigan MLB Rolando Barbosa

Honolulu's MLB Charles Raynor, LDE James Tolentino and RDE Robert Babineau

Memphis SS Daniel Goad

Houston DE Morris Sterling

Portland CB Douglas Hill

Cleveland SS Johnny King

Re: American Conf. Week 2 Defensive POW bubble boys

By Booger926
8/03/2017 3:40 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Despite all the offensive fireworks there were some pretty good individual defensive games in the AC this week. In the interest of keeping things simple for me so I can go watch my other games, I'm not bothering sorting out the best of the rest in order.

My choices will be revealed later today by our League Press Secretary tribewriter but those that didn't make the final 4 include the following:

Michigan MLB Rolando Barbosa

Honolulu's MLB Charles Raynor, LDE James Tolentino and RDE Robert Babineau

Memphis SS Daniel Goad

Houston DE Morris Sterling

Portland CB Douglas Hill

Cleveland SS Johnny King

from the Blog
tribewriter wrote:
American Conference

Offense: Curtis Scott, RB, Arizona Wranglers. Scott had nine runs of 10 yards or more in the Wranglers' 41-20 win over the Invaders of Oakland. Scott was the one doing the invading, punishing the Oakland defense with 171 yards on 26 carries. He was also quite the receiver out of the backfield, adding 108 yards with 2 TDs on four catches. The most important stat this week when comparing the stat fillers were Scott's ZERO fumbles.

Honorable Mention: Jeffrey Graham, RB, San Antonio Gunslingers; Daniel McKee, QB, Chicago Blitz; Christopher Gray, RB, San Jose SaberCats; William Hill, QB, Portland Storm; Russell Clausen, WR, San Jose SaberCats; Chester Landes, WR, Chicago Blitz; Michael Black, WR, Portland Storm.

Defense: Samuel Kelly, WLB, Denver Gold. While Kelley didn't dominate any one phase, he was a jack of all trades, a swiss army knife if you will. Kelley's stat line in a 20-14 win over the New Jersey Generals was 3 tackles, 1 sack, 3 hurries, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble, and just 1 catch allowed in 4 thrown at him.

Honorable Mention: Ryan Welch, DT, Arizona Wranglers; Mike Harmon, SLB, Arizona Wranglers; Kenneth Flowers, MLB, Chicago Blitz.

Ok, that was interesting
Last edited at 8/03/2017 3:42 pm